In essence, LiqTech was created out of the need for new technologies to meet ever increasing demands for cleaner air and cleaner water. It was born from a vision that technology companies with the right products and management could deliver sustainable profits and growth.
LiqTech is a US listed technology company headquartered in Denmark who for more than 16 years has been at the leading edge in developing and marketing its own proprietary products to the environmental industry.
We specialize in two main business areas: Ceramic membranes for liquid filtration (turnkey ceramic membranes systems and complete water treatment plants) and diesel particulate filters (DPFs) for the control of soot exhaust particles from diesel engines.
By using nanotechnology, we develop proprietary products using patented silicon carbide technology. Our products are based on unique silicon carbide membranes which provide new applications and improve existing technologies. By incorporating LiqTech’s SiC liquid membrane technology with its longstanding systems design experience and capabilities it offers solutions to the most difficult water pollution problem.
Ceramic Silicon Carbide Membranes for Liquid Filtration
We manufacture and sell ceramic carbide membranes and systems for liquid filtration using our patented silicon carbide technology that currently focused on produced water, removal of heavy metals in mining and energy applications, pre-filtration for reverse osmosis in drinking water, and industrial applications. Our SiC filters can, among other things, be used in the following applications:
Produced Water: Our membranes can be used for the filtration of “produced water” – A byproduct from oil and gas production.
Pre-filtration of Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water: Prior to passing through reverse osmosis membranes to produce drinking or industrial water from sea or surface water, the sea or surface water must be pre-filtered.
Industrial Applications: We deliver complete water treatment systems for targeted applications, such as removal of a variety of substances such as heavy metals, scrubber wastewater from marine installations, and mining wastewater.
Producing Clean Drinking Water: The potential for the use of LiqTech SiC Filters in drinking water production is diverse and the benefits are numerous. Some examples include: Ground water – removal of precipitated salts such as iron and manganese; surface water – removal of organic suspended solids and humic acid; and sea water – pre-filtration before reverse osmosis. We have entered into a cooperation agreement with a leading pump producer, Grundfos, to market a newly developed water treatment unit for ground water.
Pool & Spa Water: LiqTech offers stand-alone membrane filtration systems or complete turnkey installations of the entire pool water treatment system including chemical dosing, monitoring and control systems and re-circulation pumps.
Benefits of Our SiC Filters
- Offer the same water flow as commonly used sand filters which take up to 400 times more space and have pore sizes at least three times bigger than our SiC filters
- Reduce the number of membrane elements and pressure vessels
- Our SiC filters eliminate consumption/maintenance of cartridges
- High flow capacities are achieved at very low pressures, which reduces energy costs
- Our SiC filters reduce water consumption for sand filter backwash
- The membranes are ideal for treatment of produced water for discharge, re-injection, reverse osmosis (“RO”) as well as polymer flooded streams
- Our Sic filters offer consistent removal of oil and suspended solids at high throughput rates regardless of feed conditions
- Our chemically inert plug-and-play filter designs are extremely hard and durable materials with high flux (flow) to increase membrane life and reduce downtime for cleaning
- Our SiC filters add value to you in terms of cost savings, reduced installation cost and robustness with reduced downtime
- Our revolutionary SiC filters are stronger, harder, longer lasting, more temperature resistant, and recover faster than conventional ceramic and polymeric membranes
Diesel Particulate Filters (DPFs)
We offer diesel particulate filters for exhaust emission control solutions to the verified retrofit and the original equitment manufacturer (OEM) market. We use a proprietary “nano washcoat” to provide catalytic coating for anything from diesel particulate filters to catalytic converters. We have developed a robust silicon carbide diesel particulate filter that is especially useful for vehicles that produce a high soot load, and, if properly maintained, should last as long as the vehicle’s engine.
Our DPFs are ideal for off-road vehicles because of their strength, chemical non-reactive nature, temperature resilience and thermal conductivity. Our SiC filters can handle higher soot loads than filters that do not use silicon carbide membrane, which makes them ideal for situations in which engines infrequently reach high enough temperatures to burn off soot.
Benefits of LiqTech DPFs
- Robust silicon carbide diesel particulate filter
- Ideal for off-road vehicles because of their strength, chemical nature, temperature resilience and thermal conductivity
- Our filters can handle higher soot loads